Monday, January 31, 2011

The First Nail* in the Wall

*The first nail is the wall was really for either a shower curtain rod or towel hook, but this is about the first aesthetic hole in the wall, so much more noteworthy.

Up to this point, Lee and I have hung nothing cute on the walls. I wanted to get all the painting, curtains and furniture worked out first. Since that's been going a little slowly, the walls remain empty. But now that I'm working from home, I felt the need for some kind of bulletin board/dry erase combo. I wanted to be able to pin up reminders and pretty pictures, and have some dry erase lists that I could easily take off the wall to write on and then put back. Of course, this needed to be cute.

After many trips to Staples, Office Depot, Target, Walmart, etc., we have the solution:

The corkboards are from Michael's, as are the glass picture frames which I bought for a past project. I'm loving it! So much nicer to look at than a blank wall (although beautifully painted).

Now to tackle those to-do lists...

3 comments:

steph anne said...

Cute!! I love to-do lists and you should definitely fill them up with hearts for Valentine's day coming up. :)

Katie Earley said...

Thanks Steph Anne! I'll definitely have to add some hearts for the holidays!

math games said...

thanks