Friday, December 19, 2008

2009 Naughty List and Let it Snow

I've been going through the archives and reading John Green's blog and I was inspired by his Naughty List to make my own Naughty List. (Not that this is a terribly new concept or anything.)

1. Whoever decided that Rockband 2 for Wii would not be released until after Christmas. Lee and I really need to go ahead and pre-order that...

2. My real-life Delores Umbridge, who shall not be named but some of you know who I'm referencing. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with her anymore.

3. Whoever it is at Grey's Anatomy (Shonda, is it you?!) that decided to bring Denny back to have sex with Izzy all the time in a weird way that is so not like a classy Ghost way. I love Denny. I miss Denny. I weeped a LOT when Denny died and I still cry when Izzy sweetly continues to feel his presence in her life...but this is just getting ridiculous!

4. I'm also not happy with whoever is responsible for the film release of Twilight (I really need to read that book so I can properly dislike it.) pushing back the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince until JULY 2009!! That is a ridiculously long time! Of course, I guess I could use the extra prep time to getting ready for Dumbledore's on screen death. I didn't handle it well in print (twice) and this has the potential to be another Titanic episode where I sob a lot in the theater concerning strangers sitting next to me.

In other news, I finished Let It Snow, a book containing three "novellas" I guess. They're too long to be short stories I guess, but is there really a page limit on those things? Anyways, it was a delightful read and full of warm-holiday, young-love fuzzies. Among the stories, written by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle, I think Johnson's was my favorite. I also really enjoyed the connections between all three stories, and with the holiday setting, it reminded me a bit of Love Actually.

No comments: