Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ashes

Just a few thoughts on Lent as it gets underway today...

Instead of giving up chocolates/sodas/TV/Facebook/snacks I'm doing the Lenten Challenge at Busted Halo. If you're into giving things up for Lent, this might be a fun thing to do since it changes every day and is accompanied by a Facebook support group called the "Slip Support Station."

I've been thinking a lot about Lent and what I hope to accomplish and other personal spiritual matters and one thing that keeps coming to mind is one of my favorite church songs. You can listen and read the lyrics here. Keep scrolling down because the lyrics are under the ratings. I think verse four might be favorite:
Will you love the ‘you’ you hide
If I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside
And never be the same?
Will you use the faith you’ve found
To reshape the world around,
Through my sight and touch and sound
In you and you in me?


As the Jews say at Yom Kippur, have an easy fast!

And on a completely different topic, depending on how widely you separate UK Basketball and Religion (Perhaps not too much?), GO CATS!!!!!! Pleasepleaseplease beat South Carolina since this appears to be -- dare I say it?! -- a "must win."

No comments: