Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Katie's Top Headlines 2/17/09

Cheaters never win! A cautionary tale for anyone considering taking on multiple mistresses, especially during a global recession.

I try to keep an open mind about art. I feel that people have a right to make whatever movie or book they want to. However, I have some reservations about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and, as I just learned, Predators vs. Jane Austen. I would like to note that just because you, Mr. Furnish, might not enjoy Jane Austen, does not mean that she is "done-to-death." There still seem to be plenty of consumers who love and appreciate her work.

When Rainn Wilson isn't acting as my beloved Dwight Shrute, he writes some excellent commentary on religious persecution in Iran.

Apparently surgeons are now tweeting. I'm surprised I haven't already seen this on Grey's Anatomy. Anyways, I think it's a brilliant idea. They say they're doing it to give patients a better idea of what's involved in the surgery, some scientific blah-blah-blah, but as a paranoid loved-one, I like the idea that Twitter could help me receive more frequent updates if someone I loved was being operated on. Twitter births might be fun too.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Okay, I haven't had time to look at all of them, but I read the twitter/surgery story. Interesting. Also, I think they invented a word. Yicky??