Friday, March 13, 2009

Crafty Ambitions

I recently started taking sewing lessons from my great aunt-in-law. She says that I'm doing very well and making great progress, which is what all teachers say to their students but she's also not one to sugar-coat so I have confidence that I am actually awesome. In fact, my certainty of my own awesomeness and general excitement over learning to sew has given me some pretty big ambitions for what I'll soon be able to make. Just to share, here are some anticipated upcoming projects:

dog sweaters!

adorable purse, clutch and checkbook cover

clothes I might actually wear

awesome Halloween costumes

And, the project that started it all, my Jane Austen dress!

My thoughts have also been turned to how I want to design my sewing room, you know, once we have that second bedroom.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it!!! I can't wait to see the purse! :D