Monday, March 9, 2009

Feeling Old

I feel old.

First it was my neck. A couple weeks ago my neck really started to bother me. I would wake up okay, but by mid-afternoon it hurt to turn my head to the point I was miserable. I would go home and pop some Advil and spend the evening with a heat pack avoiding movement. After several days of this I went to a chiropractor and learned that it's only taken 2+ years of a desk job to make my neck/shoulders out of wack. Awesome. I knew that ultimately sitting at a desk and staring at a computer would take some toll on me physically, but I was hoping it could at least wait until my 30s. Oh well.

Today it's my left knee. I was actually really good about going running this weekend. I went Friday after work, again on Saturday morning, and last night I did some crunches and girl push-ups. I still plan on doing something after work, but I might just speed walk. My knee doesn't really bother me that much, I'm just mildly aware of it. It's something I would run through, if I were running, but it bothers me that it's been bothering me all day when I've done nothing. I'm probably over thinking it. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: