Monday, August 9, 2010

Art Car

088

Apparently there are Trolly Hops on the first Friday of the month here in Louisville and in August, the Trolly Hopping coincides with Art Car weekend. These are things I probably would know if I wasn't a slacker Louisvillian. I'm working on it. (But will despise UofL athletics for forever! It should be quadruple-clarified that any pro-Louisville sentiments I express refer to Louisville solely as a city with museums, tasty restaurants and fun culture and has absolutely nothing to do with it's Divisison I athletic team. Go Cats!) Anyways...Art Car was pretty cool.

091
081
061
062
The Sashimi Tabernacle Choir even have their own website.
057
046
087
I was even suckered into getting art-ed myself. Nice.
072
I think my favorite thing, was finally visiting 21C and discovering this sweet spot by their elevators. The raining letters will land on you and make a poem. It's amazing. Especially if you're a bit of a word nerd.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ohh I love the sound of the raining letters! Just my kind of thing :)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Rebecca - LOVE the raining letters.

steph anne said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I would've loved to go see that.

Katie said...

First weekend in August every year! Come check it out.

ThatCar said...

Kentucky Artcar Weekend is one of my favorite artcar events to attend.... I love Louisville! www.flickr.com/thatcar

Katie said...

Louisville's pretty sweet!