Saturday, January 3, 2009

Domestic Goddess

I try to be a bit of a domestic goddess. I aspire to be Bree Van de Kamp with Susan's fun personality and amazing hair. So today was my big culinary challenge: hosting my husband's brother's fiancee's wedding shower! It was actually a lot of fun. A little stressful getting it all sorted out, but it all came together and just in time!!

Observe my beautiful spread:
I made mini cupcakes, cheese fondue with bread and pretzels, peanut butter balls with and without chocolate coating, chicken salad croissants, white bean dip with pita chips, vegetable tray and fruit tray! I just realized that I forgot to put out the carrots and cucumbers. Oh well! I also filled martini glasses with Hershey Hugs and Kisses.

And in other examples of my domestic prowess, I've finally decorated the mantel in a way I think looks really awesome! Plus, I did the floral arrangement myself. It's a really simple arrangement, but I still did it on my own so I'm giving myself all the props for it.

No comments: