Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Morning Runs and Other Miscellany

I'm starting to think these winter morning runs are a bad idea.
A. By the time Lee and I get up to go running, we only have about 20 minutes to run before I absolutely have to start getting ready so I can be at work on time. I would like to run for 30 minutes. I doubt getting up any earlier would help and getting up before 6 a.m. just depresses me.
B. This week the temperature at 6:30 a.m. has become particularly ridiculous. I never thought I would run in 27-degree weather, which I have been, but 17 degrees with a windchill of 10 is a no go.

So I'm going to try to work out at the apartment's "gym" after work. I packed my sweaty clothes so I can change before I leave work because if I enter my apartment post-work, I will not leave it again until the next day, especially not to exercise.

Also, I kind of miss sweating. It makes me feel productive and at this time of year I'll sweat more on an indoor stair-stepper than trotting around outside.

In other very important news...

Jodie Meeks' performance against Tennessee last night was amazing! I'm trying to get Lee to let me name our first-born Jodie Meeks (so far I've been unsuccessful) and I'm rewording Chuck Norris jokes to Jodie Meeks truths. See examples below.

Jodie Meeks doesn't get frostbite. He bites the frost.
Jodie Meeks destroyed the periodic table because he only believes in the element of surprise.
There is no "ctrl" button on Jodie Meeks' computer. Jodie Meeks is always in control.


Also, if I had a couple million, I would totally do the same thing.

No comments: