Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Things that Make my Mouth Sweat

I tried this new, easy pasta recipe the other night. Well, before that I should mention that I have never cooked anything spicy. I have tried some Rachel Ray recipes that were supposed to have a "kick" but really weren't anything to brag about in the flavor department. I often worry that my cooking is bland and wish I was a more flavorful cook. Something to work on.

So I tried this recipe for Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce. Didn't sound too spicy to me. Red peppers, barely spicy. Garlic, my bff. And cayenne, which I had never used before but couldn't be worse than some red pepper flakes, right? Throw in the sour cream and chicken broth and I expected another mildly-flavored pasta dish.

005 - Copy (5)

Umm...I was sweating. My mouth was on fire! I was downing Lee's milk (Actually, this is a regular occurrence. Lee always drinks milk and I always drink water. But once I see Lee's milk, I want some too and just steal his. We've been doing this for over a year. Why I don't get myself some milk to start with remains a mystery. Anyways...). I'm not a huge spicy person, but I can handle medium salsa so I was quite taken back by this dish.

I think I might cut back on the cayenne a little next time, but still quite tasty. Lots of flavor!

1 comment:

Pin said...

Mmm... looks delicious!