Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yeah I'm a Shadowboxer Baby

Did I tell you all the story of my ridiculous holiday iPod indecisiveness? I wanted an iPod for Christmas so I got the 16gb nano. After loading all my songs onto it, I realized that my precious new little nano was already full. I didn't want to delete songs every time I added one, and while I loved the nano size, I loved more the idea of having all my songs with me all the time. Because you never know when you're going to need the Aladdin soundtrack right now! (True story. And the answer is late night drives when Lee needs you to help him stay awake so you resort to singing Disney duets. There might have been also been an Elton John medley except all I could think of was "BBBBBenny and the Jets. Benny! Benny and the Jets." on a loop.)

So the Apple store was so kind as to let me exchange my nano for a gigantic 160 gb classic. (There was a restocking fee but since I got a discount when I turned in my old iPod for recycling, I was totally cool with all this.)
ipod
Now I have all my music, all the time. The perk of this being that I have been reconnecting with some old musical favorites. On today's re-bonding list has been Alanis Morissette, Alicia Keys (her first (I think) CD), and I'm currently listening to some Fiona Apple.

Fiona's really the one who started all this. Driving around with my nano, remembering how Shadowboxer is probably one of my all time favorites, and knowing that I could never take her off my iPod for future Glee soundtracks. I must have them all.


image: Gonzalo Baeza Hernández

4 comments:

HanPlans said...

I love my iPod! not sure what I'd do without it lol.

angela.kolachny said...

oh wow I didn't know you could do that! cool! enjoy your new toy:o)

stefanie said...

I have a little nano but I use it mostly for running. It's more convenient than taking the big-ass (sorry!) iPod. :)

Katie said...

Haha! I know I look like an idiot running with my iPod -- it's the size of my arm! -- but it's very nice in the car and at work.