Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Catching Up

I was super excited this morning to find that Heather at The Gamer's Wife had passed along a blog award. Which reminded me that a month ago Amy at Haha. Wait. What? had also given me a blog award that I completely slacked on passing along. All shall be remedied in a few paragraphs.


First comes first, a belated thanks to Amy for the Honest Scrap Award. As a recipient of this honor I must be honest and share ten things about me that no one knows. (Okay, lesser known facts would be more accurate because there's nothing that no one knows.)

1. On Sunday at our monthly JASNA regional meeting I won a prize for the highest score on the Sense and Sensibilty quiz. We took tests on all the novels and I totally bombed the others, including, my most loved Pride and Prejudice. You should know though that they were very difficult quizzes and I re-read S&S most recently.

2. My friend spent NINE months trying to convince me to meet Lee but I thought he sounded very unappealing and kept turning her down. Oops.

3. My first car was a 1986 Buick Park Avenue named Clairee. Yes, that was inspired by Steel Magnolias.

4. I feel like, over the past few years, I've given people the wrong impression about what I consider to be the Greatest TV Show Ever. Apparently my younger sorority sisters remember my love of Grey's Anatomy and in his best man toast Lee's brother referenced my affection for Gilmore Girls. However, my first and forever favorite TV show is Friends.

5. For awhile in high school I wanted to be a lawyer. Ha! That would've been a riot since I have issues with logic.

6. In high school I was voted Most Likely to Succeed and Most Likely to Become President of the U.S.

7. In college I was voted Most Likely to Move to England and Stalk the British Royal Family (mostly for their eligible heirs).

8. Despite my unathletic nature and the fact that I'm currently running a 12-minute mile (working on it!), I want to bike across England some day.

9. I want to learn how to play tennis. Largely because I like the idea of a sport where you get to wear skirts and games tend to take place at locations (i.e.2, country clubs) that serve cocktails.

10. I ate lunch with the same girls from sixth grade through my senior year of high school and we all still keep in touch.

I'm sensing that's enough about me for today. I shall pass this on to some fantastic people and have more blog award fun for tomorrow!

Caitlin at commonreaders
Jenn at Newlyweds
Pinju at Sensorimotor
Heather at The Gamer's Wife
Amanda at this is [our] life
Jill at Confessions of an Enginerd

2 comments:

Pin said...

How do people not know about your love for Friends?! Whitney and I were just talking about how we didn't like playing the Friends edition of Scene It (or some game like that) with you, because we knew nothing and you knew everything.

Katie said...

I'm honored that you guys don't like to play Friends trivia with me. :) Apparently though, I haven't talked about it as much as I used to, which is pathetic on my part.